What is a novated lease?
A novated lease is one of the easiest and most cost effective ways to buy and own a car, and you don’t need to be earning a senior executive salary!
- Make potential tax savings and discounts on your car and related running expenses
- Bundle finance and running costs into one easy payment on payday
- Lease a new or used car
- Choose the lease term that suits your budget, from one to five years
Let’s look at how much you could save on one of our most popular cars, Subaru Forester.
A new Subaru Forester 2.5i S5 Auto/AWD is valued at $35,3631(RRP). But with the optional dealer discount Smartleasing can negotiate, PLUS the 10% GST you won’t be paying on your new car, you could save $5,411 on the purchase price.
Best of all, with Smartleasing, you could save thousands more in tax over the life of your lease. See below for a breakdown of possible savings.
Smartleasing’s car procurement services are optional, you may choose to purchase your vehicle through any supplier
Smartleasing’s car procurement services are optional, you may choose to purchase your vehicle through any supplier.
- We can source the car you want from our nationwide network of more than 800 dealers
- We can use our huge buying power to negotiate our best possible price for you
- We can arrange test drives with our trusted network, so you never need to deal with pushy sales people
- We can coordinate your salary deductions
- We can pay your finance and running expenses
- We're a one-stop-shop for all your services and insurance
Make the most of your income
- You could reduce your taxable income and get taxed at a lower rate
- Approved by the ATO
Salary package your peace of mind: Check out our services and the optional extras that help look after you on and off the road#.
Am I eligible for a novated lease?
If you’re a permanent employee (full time and part time), you are eligible to apply for a novated lease.
1 Vehicle prices stated includes all QLD on-road costs and government charges. 2 Negotiated Smartleasing discount on chosen vehicle will vary. 3 GST saving calculated on the vehicle price of $30,886 (FBT base value). 4 Based on the following assumptions: living in QLD 4000 salary: $70,000 gross p.a., travelling 15,000 kms p.a., lease term: 60 months, using Net GST processing method and Employee Contribution Method for FBT purposes. All figures quoted include budgets for finance, fuel, servicing, tyres, maintenance, Vero by Suncorp comprehensive motor insurance and re-registration over the period of the lease. Your actual savings will depend on your income tax bracket, the GST processing method nominated by your employer, administration fees payable under your employer’s salary packaging plan, the negotiated Smartleasing discount on your chosen vehicle and your personal circumstances. Vehicle residual, as set by Australian Taxation Office, payable at the end of lease term. The exact residual amount will be specified in your vehicle quote. Vehicle pricing is correct at October 2018 but may be subject to change based on availability. # Optional extras offered by Smartleasing are outside the Standing Offer Arrangement (SOA) in the Queensland Government established Salary Packaging Novated Leasing Panel QGP0026-16. These products are optional extras which you can choose whether or not to purchase.